HCU MasterCard© Check Card
With an HCU MasterCard© Check Card, you can make purchases anywhere MasterCard is accepted. You have access to any ATM, and if your card is used as a signature-based transaction, MasterCard protects your purchases.
Here are some additional benefits of using an HCU Mastercard© Check Card:
Security and Fraud Prevention
To provide additional security to your Heartland Credit Union Check Card, fraud prevention rules have been created for all Check Card Holders. If you plan to travel, please contact the Credit Union. As always, we suggest that all members review their account activity on a regular basis to prevent fraudulent activity from occurring. If your transaction is denied at a merchant location, please try processing your transaction by using your four-digit PIN. If you have any questions, please contact us at 217-726-8877.
For your safety, if your card is not used within 12 months the card will be closed.
- Do not reveal any information about your Check Card or account over the phone.
- Do not click on a link to a page which asks you to enter your online banking log-in details
- Check your account activity often by logging into It’s Me 247 Home Banking, HCU’s Mobile App, or calling CU*Talk.
- Set up E-Alerts to receive notifications of a Low or High Balances, Loan Due Dates, Withdrawals, and Automatic Clearing House (ACH) transactions. E-Alerts can be set up within It’s Me 247/Info Center.
- If you plan to travel, please notify the Credit Union by calling 217-726-8877 or 1-800-397-9595. In order to provide additional security to your Heartland Credit Union Check Card, fraud prevention rules have been created for all Check Card Holders.
- If you notice unauthorized activity, contact the Credit Union immediately. If your discovery is not during business hours, please call and select the option to deactivate your card.
- If your transaction is denied at a merchant location, please try processing your transaction by using your four-digit PIN. The Credit Union may limit signature-based transactions at any time in order to protect the cardholder, as well as the Credit Union. If you experience this restriction, please contact the Credit Union by calling 217-726-8877.
EMV Check Card Information